Eagle Jet / Top Gun Sprints
Hendry County Motorsports Park, March 1, 2014
Weld Racing Heat #1
1) 02 Gene Lasker (Tampa, FL)
2) 83 Mark Ruel Jr. (Jacksonville, FL)
3) 24 Danny Martin (Sarasota, FL)
4) G6 Brandon Grubaugh (Ocala, FL)
Brown & Miller Heat #2
1) 7 Kyle Pitts (Mulberry, FL.)
2) 38 Tony Agin (Ft. Myers, FL)
3) 15JR Geoff Styner (Cape Coral, FL)
4) 36 Ken Laureno (Port Charlotte, FL)
5) 52 Shane Kreidler (Jupiter, FL) DNS
Eagle Jet Feature
1) 24 Danny Martin; 2) 02 Gene Lasker; 3) 7 Kyle Pitts; 4) 52 Shane Kreidler; 5) 15JR Geoff Styner; 6) 36 Ken Laureno; 7) 83 Mark Ruel Jr.; 8) G6 Brandon Grubaugh; 9) 38 Tony Agin;DNS
The Eagle Jet/Top Gun Sprints made their first visit of 2014 to the Hendry County Motorsports Park in Clewiston on Saturday March 1, 2014. There were 9 cars at the track to give fans two heat races, and a 25 lap feature race.
The heat races are lined up using a pill pull system, and Mark Ruel Jr. in the 83 had the pole for the start of the WELD RACING heat race with Gene Lasker in the 02 on the outside, Gene took the race lead and the win. Kyle Pitts had the pole for the start of the BROWN & MILLER heat race in the 7 car with Geoff Styner in the 15JR on the outside, Kyle took the initial race lead and went on to take the heat win.
During the intermission drivers and their cars was on the front stretch signing autographs and handing out RAD (Race Against Drugs) coloring books.
Using a passing points system to line up the feature race and a four car inversion, Mark Ruel Jr. in the 83 car had the pole for the start of the EAGLE JET feature race, with Gene Lasker in the 02 car on the outside. The race got underway with Mark leading and Lap 10 seen first caution with Brandon Grubaugh spinning in turn 2 and Mark got to close and both where done for the night. On the restart it was Danny Martin in the lead and the win. Gene Lasker in the 02 finished in second place, followed by Kyle Pitts in the 7, Shane Kreidler in the 52, with Geoff Styner in the 15JR car finishing out the top 5.
The staff and racers of the Eagle Jet/Top Gun Sprints would like to thank everyone for their support and hope to see you at the next race at Bubba Raceway Park March 8, 2014